Bake: Apple Crisp
There is something so tasty and sweet about baked apples.
I promised you this recipe in March. Long overdue. Here it is! Use it wisely. Do your best to not eat the whole thing by yourself. Share with friends. Use it to make friends.
Although I just shared my love of frozen yogurt... as desserts (or breakfasts...) go, baked apples are a recent favorite.
Who needs chocolate?
Just kidding. I (sometimes) still need chocolate.
Apple Crisp (grain-free, dairy-free)
Serves 4. Adapted from Caveman Strong
Fair Warning: Healthful ingredients, but not low-calorie. Indulge wisely.
- 5 apples (small or medium)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1/4-1/2 cup halved or chopped walnuts, as desired
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Peel apples, then slice and chop into desired size (about an inch long by 1/2 inch), and place into an 8x8 baking dish.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a smaller bowl.
- Stir wet into dry until combined. Add walnuts and mix.
- Spread the topping over and in-between the apple pieces.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.
- Serve warm!