With 2014 beginning, so too begin many New Year's resolutions and goals. What are yours? Are they "SMART"?
As a refresher, S.M.A.R.T. goals are...
Other Dare You To tips for your resolutions:
- Set non-traditional resolutions, or try small resolutions
- #1 Tip: Dare you to write them down to make them reality!
- Use the Lift App to help establish new daily habits
- Know the difference between Setbacks and Failure - don't give up! You've got a year.
- Also, it's okay to change your plans. Don't beat yourself up if new circumstances arise.
- Once again, make sure your goals are "SMART"! And then continue to check in on your progress.
Thanks to new opportunities, the time from January - May will likely be an exciting but stressful time for me. For this reason, I'm aiming to intentionally not place additional stress my mind or body while I'm stressed enough as it is. With that in mind, my coming focuses are:
- Mind: Time management
- Mono-task. Practice being more focused.
- Stop wasting time online (this app is helpful)
- Prioritize priorities (and noting 2-to-3 top priorities, not ten)
- Body: Posture improvement
- Sit up straight, stand up straight; stop hunching over my desk
- Look into tools to help with this -- any suggestions?
- Spirit: Practice gratitude and journal
- Continue writing down Three Good Things
- Use the one-sentence journal that was gifted to me last year by my friend Becky (image, right) -- (I used for a month or two before waning off. This time, I'll stick with it!)
- Let this help with my other two goals, so I can learn from errors and improve throughout the year.
Any good dares?